Damaged teeth are embarrassing, but modern dentistry has state of the art technology to help you deal with this issue. Drs. Doug and Clete Huhn offer their patients dental crowns at their Orlando, FL, office to mask those unsightly teeth so you have a beautiful smile.
Dental Crown Installation Procedure:
There are three steps to getting your unsightly tooth capped:
- Step 1: Your dentist will numb the area surrounding the tooth and file down the tooth to reshape it.
- Step 2: A custom-made crown is designed at a laboratory using impressions taken of your teeth.
- Step 3: The crown is cemented over the tooth using a specific type of cement or resin.
So why get a dental crown anyway?
During restorative procedures, such as root canals, a significant amount of natural tooth is removed. This leaves the tooth exposed to decay and susceptible to breakage. The dental crown reinforces and helps protect the tooth.
Here are some other procedures that use dental crowns:
- Dental implants
- Stained or discolored teeth
How do I take care of my crowns?
- It goes without saying that you need to brush twice a day and floss before bed to avoid plaque buildup and reduce the chances of cavities forming and impacting the dental restoration.
- In addition to brushing and flossing, your diet can contribute to your crowns lasting up to 8 years, or more. Don't bite into ice and make sure to avoid sugary foods like soda and candy. Eating healthy foods like apples and carrots will scrape plaque off your teeth.
- Bruxism, when someone grinds their teeth, can reduce how long your crowns last as well. So make sure you find a solution with your Orlando dentist.
For more information on dental crowns and what they can do for you, contact your dentists in Orlando, FL today!
How a teeth whitening treatment from your dentists in Orlando, Florida can give you a dazzling smile
A dark, yellowed, stained smile can keep you frowning. You may not want to show your teeth to anyone. Before you know it, you’ve become self-conscious and have lost confidence in how you look. It’s time to give yourself a dazzling white smile thanks to professional teeth whitening. Drs. Doug and Clete Huhn at Huhn Dental in Orlando, Florida want to show you how to say goodbye to your dental stains.
There are many reasons why your smile might not look as good as you remember. These are just a few:
- Tobacco products, which can cause dark brown stains
- Coffee, tea and red wine, which can cause light brown, yellow or dark red stains
- Tetracycline and other medications, which can cause white or gray discolorations
Getting older is another major cause of a yellow smile. That’s because as you age, your tooth enamel thins, allowing the layer underneath, called dentin, to show through. This dentin layer is yellow and gets even darker yellow with age. The entire effect is a smile that is gradually yellowing with age.
You can get back your dazzling white smile with professional teeth whitening. No matter what the cause is, with professional teeth whitening, you can whiten your smile up to 8 shades whiter, and the results can last up to an astounding 5 years!
Your dentists at Huhn Dental offer two state-of-the-art solutions to achieve a bright white smile. Consider:
- In-office whitening, if you want a bright smile in a hurry; treatment only takes an hour and is performed right in the office. It’s also a great choice if you have a special event coming up and want to look your best.
- Take-home whitening, if you want to whiten gradually in the privacy of your home; you will receive a kit with everything you need to whiten your teeth safely and effectively.
If you want to say goodbye to your dental stains, say hello to professional teeth whitening! To find out more about teeth whitening and other cosmetic and restorative dental treatments, call Drs. Doug and Clete Huhn at Huhn Dental in Orlando, Florida today!
Would you like to change the way one or more of your teeth look but aren't sure which types of cosmetic dentistry procedures are the best choices? Orlando, FL, dentists Dr. Doug Huhn and Dr. Clete Huhn share information on several options that will help you make over your smile.
Bonding involves adding composite resin to your teeth to hide imperfections or change the shape or length of teeth. Because composite resin is soft, it can be manipulated into any shape needed to repair teeth or cover flaws. After the material is added to your teeth in our Orlando office, it's hardened with a curing light, then polished. Bonding is often used to improve the appearance of:
- Small chips
- Superficial cracks
- Crooked or oddly shaped teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Short teeth
Bonding is a good choice if you have minor chips or cracks in teeth, but a crown may be needed if the damage is more extensive or cracks are deep. Crowns fit over teeth, providing protection and stability. Porcelain crowns are created in a dental laboratory using an impression of your mouth. You'll wear a temporary crown until your permanent restoration is ready. Crowns may be recommended if you have:
- Crooked or oddly shaped teeth
- Short teeth
- Teeth weakened by age, root canal therapy, cracks or dental procedures
- Broken teeth
Veneers fit over the front surfaces of teeth and are used to conceal a variety of imperfections. The porcelain restorations are just about as thick as one of your fingernails, yet effectively cover many types of flaws, including:
- Chips and cracks
- Short teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Oddly shaped teeth
Professional teeth whitening can have a dramatic impact on your smile. Best of all, whitening only takes about an hour. Rapid results are due to a strong hydrogen peroxide gel that quickly and safely bleaches your teeth. Protective gel and retractors ensure that hydrogen peroxide never touches your sensitive roots and gums. Many people experience a three to eight-shade difference in their teeth after professional whitening. Avoiding darkly colored foods and beverages will help you maintain your whitening results longer.
Are ready to upgrade your smile with a cosmetic dentistry procedure? Call Orlando, FL, dentists Dr. Doug Huhn and Dr. Clete Huhn at (407) 422-6281 to schedule an appointment.
Your mouth is the gateway to your body when it comes to food and drink. However, while many people are well aware of what it takes to care for their body, they may not understand just what it takes to care for their mouth. Find out more about the importance of preventative dental care and how it can benefit you with Dr. Doug Huhn and Dr. Clete Huhn at Huhn Dental in Orlando, FL.
What is preventative dental care?
Preventative dental care is an important part of your overall oral health. Individuals at average risk for dental issues like tooth decay and gum disease should see their dentist at least twice a year for examinations and cleanings. By removing the plaque and bacteria from the teeth during a cleaning, the risk of decay decreases significantly and helps dentists find and treat issues in their earliest, most treatable stages.
Why is preventative dental care important?
Even the most thorough of brushers or flossers miss a spot sometimes. Preventative examinations and cleanings help keep your teeth free of tooth decay and gum disease by removing plaque and bacteria from places in your mouth, places your toothbrush or floss may not reach. Seeing your dentist every six months also gives them a chance to inspect your mouth for the beginning stages of dental problems such as cavities or tooth fractures. Finding these conditions early on helps decrease the chances of requiring a more complex procedure if left untreated.
At Home Preventative Dental Care in Orlando, FL
Seeing your dentist twice a year is only one part of a healthy oral care routine. Brushing twice daily and flossing at least once works to decrease the chances of developing dental conditions like cavities and helps keep your teeth healthy and clean. For more information on preventive dental care, please contact Dr. Doug Huhn and Dr. Clete Huhn at Huhn Dental in Orlando, FL. Call (407) 422-6281 to schedule your appointment with your dentist today!
Discover the magic of cosmetic dentistry and what it can do for your smile.
Even if you weren’t born with a perfect smile, this doesn’t mean that it’s not within the realm of possibility. It’s amazing just how much cosmetic dentistry can do for your smile, whether you just want to make some small adjustments or some serious changes. Our Orlando cosmetic dentists Drs. Doug and Clete Huhn offer an array of different cosmetic procedures to meet your needs.
Getting cosmetic dentistry in Orlando may just be ideal for you if you want to,
- Remove stains and get a whiter smile
- Make teeth more even and uniformed
- Replace missing teeth
- Fix cracks and chips in your teeth
- Alter the shape of one or more teeth
- Fix misaligned smiles or gaps in your smile
Here at Huhn Dental, we pride ourselves on providing an abundance of different cosmetic dentistry procedures to fit your needs. We know that not everyone has the same budget, treatment goals, lifestyles or oral health; however, we make it possible to still get the smile you want through these common options:
- Dental bonding: If you have minor cosmetic chips, cracks and even gaps between your teeth, this tooth-colored resin can be applied over these areas to cover them. This procedure does not require drilling or anesthesia. All our Orlando dentists will do is mold the resin over these areas, shape and trim the resin, and then harden it into place.
- Tooth contouring: This procedure often coincides with dental bonding. For example, say you hate that your canines are extremely pointy and you want them to look less extreme. If so, we can painlessly shave off small bits of tooth enamel to reshape the tooth to give you the ideal look you want.
- Teeth whitening: If coffee and smoking stains are too much for you to tackle on your own, our in-office whitening system will remove these stains and get your smile several shades whiter in often just one one-hour of whitening.
- Porcelain veneers: If you have cosmetic flaws that are too significant for dental bonding to cover, you aren’t out of luck! Dental veneers, these thin porcelain shells, are adhered to the front of your tooth to hide multiple issues and to give you a more even, whiter and straighter smile. Of course, some enamel will need to be removed from the front of your teeth prior to getting traditional veneers.
- Dental implants: If you are looking for a tooth replacement that is as close to natural teeth as possible, then dental implants are the right choice for you. An implant acts like a tooth root and naturally fuses together with the jawbone to offer a resilient and reliable foundation from which to support a dental crown.
Huhn Dental in Orlando, FL, is dedicated to giving you a beautiful smile through cosmetic dentistry. If you are ready to make changes to your smile and want our help, then call our office today to schedule your consultation.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.